Before I waste my time by asking Market Support, who as we all know
are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, has anyone managed to
successfully re-activate a previous APK in the Developer Console?

I had a situation where I made an update last night, quickly realised
there was a bug and wanted to rollback to the previous version. But I
was unable to. When I deactivated the new one and tried to reactivate
the older one it wouldn't let me, because the older one's Version
Number was lower than the current one. Well, yes, obviously.

In the end, I had to recompile my previous version with a newer
version number, and release that as an "update". Mental.

What is the point of a re-activate button that doesnt let you re-
activate? Or am I missing something?