My apologies for not being clear. I an very new to android development -
this is my second week of experimenting/reading.

I assume there is a "pattern" for accessing a view_1 from view_2, where
view_1 is not a child of view_2. Perhaps I am wrong.

I was thinking that in the constructor of view_2, there is this Context
object. I looked at the api and I don't see anything obvious, but is there
a way through that object to get a handle on the activity so I can call
activity.findViewById() in view_2 to get at view_1?

Or, is the pattern to create a getter in the activity, which calls
findViewById() for view_1, and then somehow view_2 calls that getter.
Again, not sure how to get a handle to the activity in view_2.

Thanks,

Mark