But the announcement below refers to intents but it also says once the
new apis arrive

when do the new apis arrive?

>From google:
"We want to see lots of good calendar apps and extensions that work
reliably across Android devices, and aren't broken by platform
updates. So we decided to create a clean API, including a
comprehensive set of Intents, to manage calendar data in ICS. Now
anyone can code against these new APIs and know that Android is
committed to supporting them, and that partners have to support these
APIs as part of CTS.

Once the new APIs arrive, you’re ..."