Hello,

I have a ViewGroup and I manually draw certain things in its onDraw()
callback. After I add a GLSurfaceView to it at runtime, ViewGroup's
onDraw() is called. It seems that Android clips out the region
occupied by the GLSurfaceView so that the onDraw() function cannot
draw into that region. However, since GLSurfaceView draws in a
separate thread, its content is not ready yet when ViewGroup's
onDraw() is called. So the consequence of this is that after onDraw(),
the region occupied by GLSurfaceView is left black for a bit. This
causes flickering.

So I am wondering if there is way to let ViewGroup draw into the
region occupied by the GLSurfaceView so that I can avoid the
flickering.

Thanks,
Frank