I did what you suggested  , what is happening now is

 If I run the app in 1.6 emulator my app is getting crashed since I am
using following method
to check whether Telephony is available or not. hasSystemFeature() method
is not there is 1.6. that is the reaon why it is crashing how to handle
this scenario.

public static Boolean hasTelephony(Context context){
          PackageManager pm = ((Activity)context).getPackageManager();
          return pm.hasSystemFeature(PackageManager.FEATURE_TELEPHONY);
        }

This is the error I am getting " Could not find method
android.content.pm.PackageManager.hasSystemFeature, referenced from method
com.example.utils.Util.hasTelephony". Any idea?  Is any other way to
achieve what I want ?