Doh!

And of course, right after posting this I finally found the issue.

If you look in Proguard.bat, you will find the following line:

call %java_exe% -jar "%PROGUARD_HOME%"\lib\proguard.jar %*

Replace it with the following:

call %java_exe% -jar "%PROGUARD_HOME%"\lib\proguard.jar %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
%6 %7 %8 %9

It's a Stupid old issue, which I have actually fixed once before.
Apparently the Android SDK team still haven't fixed this problem, and it
was reintroduced when I did a clean install of the Android SDK.