Hi all!

Now that Ice Cream Sandwich is out, I thought I'd have a look at how
the "virtual" sensors have their data calculated, in particular
TYPE_GRAVITY. Of course it will involve data from some or all of the
real sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetic field), but I've
read somewhere (can't find where just now) that from Android 4 ICS,
the virtual sensors, and TYPE_GRAVITY in particular, will be more
accurate, because they involve the gyroscope, if it's available in the
phone.

I've got the Android 4 source code downloaded, but I can't find the
place where this data is calculated. It's not in the Java code, as far
as I can tell, so it must be in native code somewhere. I'm new to
looking at the Android source code, so maybe someone could point me in
the right direction?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Markus