I am building an application and attempting to follow guidelines and
use the ActionBar on Honeycomb versions. In testing I note that unless
running in an XLarge emulator, the ActionBar does not show the menu
overflow icon. Is this as intended and if so what is the purpose of
the ActionBar on such a device? Would I be better served to make the
application device sensitive and not show the ActionBar unless on an
XLarge device?

Yours in anticipation

Roy