Hi,

I'm trying to add support for a layout for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
device.  I can't seem to find a way to specify a layout config that it
will pull the layout xml from.  It keeps using the resource from the
Normal screen/High Density folder, which makes sense, but the layout
is small and centered in the middle of the screen.  I was hoping to
use the newer layout-sw600dpi folder config, but it never pulls from
the folder.  I've set my min api to 4 and target api to 14.

Does the Support Library offer a backward compatible means to use the
newer qualifiers in 3.2 in older api's?  (I'm hoping this is the
solution!)

Is there a way to code my app to identity a devices resolution and
direct the system to use a particle layout?

Will using Fragments in anyway help with older apis?

I know that there is a huge debate about resolutions and densities and
I should create a layout that hard codes sizes, but that is what my
app requires.  I've done everything I can to keep it resolution
independent and have created several layout to address a range to
display sizes, but the Samsung 7" device falls through the cracks.

I've search everywhere I could find and have read and reread to sdk
docs, but I haven't found an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen Lebed