From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-developers@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of gjs
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:22 PM
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Please Help with GPS Provider Switch

Hi,

Yes I understand what you are attempting, I was just suggesting doing all
three at the same time in parallel , that way you'd have a results in 30
seconds or less & not have to wait for up 90 seconds.

And no I don't know why your network provider is no working, try adding some
debug statement to see if startNetwork() is being called ok. Other
suggestion is to use getLastKnownLocation(String).

Regards

On Nov 22, 5:00 am, "Tommy Hartz" <droi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I am not using them at the same time. Here is my process.
>
> 1) Start with GPS, set timer for 30 seconds. If GPS has not got a
> location in that time my timer goes off and stops the GPS. I then
> request the Passive provider. I allow again 30 seconds for that. If
> nothing happens in 30 seconds the timer goes off, and starts my Network
Provider.

> 2) Once the network provider gets called nothing happens it just sits
there.

> 3) If I bypass the GPS and Passive the network provider works as it is
> suppose to.
>
> I am just trying to find out if I am doing something wrong or maybe
> there is a bug that screws the network provider up if the GPS provider
> has been requested and stopped before hand. Below is my original post
> with my code
> included:
>
> Hey,
>
> Right now when trying to get a user location I start with the GPS
Provider.