On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Satya Komatineni
<satya.komatin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really frustrating try to see/get android source code on windows.
>
> Previously this is fine with the online browsing as the repositories
> were available for online browsing.

Use Google Code Search, at least for the next five weeks.

> Anyways, I have downloaded git on windows.
>
> I dont need to compile on windows. I just want to download a
> repository to see the source for clarification,
>
> I will seriously appreciate if some can answer the following questions:
>
> 1. is there a new git URL that I can use the git clone on?

There never was just a single git URL, AFAIK. You use the repo command
in Cygwin to download a whole boatload of repositories.

Instead, clone:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest

Look at default.xml. It contains a bunch of elements like:

<project path="packages/apps/Email" name="platform/packages/apps/Email" />

The path appears to be relative to
https://android.googlesource.com/platform, so you can then clone:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Email

> 2. How can I see a list of repositories that could comprise android?

I think that page was lost when the GitWeb interface was taken down.

> 3. Can I clone one of these repositories with just git?

See my answer to #1.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books