I have been trying to create an android test where the android test
project has permissions that the target application does not.  The
purpose would be for the test to change various things about the
environment as part of testing the application.  However, the testing
harness/framework seems to ignore any permissions I set in the
manifest of the test project.  Only the permissions of the target
application seem to be in play.

My question is whether the permissions on the test project are used
for anything.

Note - I am using robotium, but I assume that this is not affecting
the behavior since it is just a library being used by the android test
project.