On the whole, I would recommend you have a consistent color scheme.

That being said, the settings for Theme.Light are in your SDK. Poke
through them, find the ones you need for your ListView and whatever
its contents are, add them to your own custom style, and apply that
style to the ListView. Or, just apply the various settings to the
individual widgets using normal layout attributes. Of note:

-- you will need to set the background of your ListView
-- you will need to set the foreground color of all TextViews in the
rows (and anything that inherits from TextView)
-- you may need to fuss with the list selector (my memory is hazy as
to whether that would be needed in this case).

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM, wyo <otto.w...@orpatec.ch> wrote:
> All I'd like is having certain lists with white background yet that
> seems not easlily possible. First applying the theme to the activity
> with the listview didn't work (see
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/aa9b888a49c6cdfb?hl=de)
> until I figured out to apply it to the initial activity and merge it
> with the "NoTitleBar" like
>
> android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Light.NoTitleBar"
>
> Well that will also change the style of the tabs which it should not.
> So I applied it to the ListView with no effect. I've also tried any
> other position within the list yet I wasn't successful. I've looked at
> other list samples but haven't found any.

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.6 Available!