Add either FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT or the combination of
FLAG_ACTIVITY_SINGLE_TOP and FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP as flags to your
Intent. The latter finishes all other activities that might be on your
back stack; the former simply brings any existing copy of the activity
back to the foreground.

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 4:51 AM, KK <dioxide.softw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi All,
> I'm trying to use Notification manager and Pending Intent so that whenever
> the user clicks the notification the currently running activity's UI is
> shown. However in the code I'm using, as shown below opens up a new instance
> of the app instead of leading the user to the currently running one:
> ---code snippet----
> mNotificationManager = (NotificationManager)
> getSystemService(NOTIFICATION_SERVICE);
> // //Add current song to notification bar
> CharSequence tickerText = "Demo Alert";
> long when = System.currentTimeMillis();
> CharSequence contentTitle = "Now playing";
> CharSequence contentText = "Demo song";
> PendingIntent pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(
> getApplicationContext(), 0, new Intent(this,
> DemoPendingIntentActivity.class), 0);
> Notification notification = new Notification(
> R.drawable.ic_stat_playing, tickerText, when);
> notification.setLatestEventInfo(getApplicationContext(), contentTitle,
> contentText, pendingIntent);
> notification.contentIntent = pendingIntent;
> // Make the notification non-clearable
> notification.flags = Notification.FLAG_ONGOING_EVENT;
> mNotificationManager.notify(notificationId, notification);
> ---code snippet----
> How do I open up the currently running activity instead of opening a new
> one? Please let me know whats going wrong in the above code. Appreciate your
> time.
> Thanks,
> KK

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)