Hello,

I have an LG Optimus Net (P690) which as far as I understand
claims to support multitouch (as it sais on the following site:
http://www.mobilespecs.in/2011/10/lg-optimus-net-also-known-as-p690.html
not sure if capacitive touch screen means the same thing as
multitouch.

However when I try the following code...

    public boolean onTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) {

      int pointerIndex = (event.getAction() &
MotionEvent.ACTION_POINTER_ID_MASK) >> MotionEvent.ACTION_POINTER_ID_SHIFT;
      int action = event.getAction() & MotionEvent.ACTION_MASK;

      switch (action) {

        case MotionEvent.ACTION_DOWN:

          System.out.println("got down");
        case MotionEvent.ACTION_POINTER_DOWN:
          System.out.println("got pointer down");

          int screenX = (int) (event.getX(pointerIndex) * scaleX);
          int screenY = (int) (event.getY(pointerIndex) * scaleY);

I see the code run when I place the first finger down. When I place the
second
finger down without lifting the first one I don't see the
ACTION_POINTER_DOWN.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything.

Thanks,

John Goche