Hi,

  I tried your method according to the example given in this link:

http://mfarhan133.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/reusing-layout-include-merge-tag-for-androd/

and included   <include layout="@layout/footer" /> in the layouts of 2
activities A & B

And On Click of Button 11 for example in Activity A, I set the Button
text to Button 12 and start an intent to Activity B. But Activity B
still shows the Button text as Button 11. This is not what I want.
Whatever changes I make to to the layout footer in Activity A should
be reflected in Activity B. And not only that whatever changes I make
to the layout footer in Activity B should be also reflected in
Activity A when I call finish() and come back to Activity A?

How can that be done?

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar