When I update my app, does ApplicationInfo.uid stays the same.

PackageManager.getNameForUid (int uid) says
 "Retrieve the official name associated with a user id. This name is
guaranteed to never change, though it is possibly for the underlying
user id to be changed. That is, if you are storing information about
user ids in persistent storage, you should use the string returned by
this function instead of the raw user-id."

>From the above explanation it seems it can change.

in developers site at
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/security/security.html
it says
"At install time, Android gives each package a distinct Linux user ID.
The identity remains constant for the duration of the package's life
on that device."

Are thess two documents referring the same user id? If yes why they
are contradicting.
What is the correct behavior.

Thanks