checkout the Hackbook sample application from facebook:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/mobile/android/hackbook/

There you can see a lot of request examples, in asynchronous mode, and
howto handle them..
At this point, one very interesting part is the getfriends-part, and
howto handle images in a listview.

you need a facebook-object and with that you can make requests. Your
application must also be registered in facebook:
https://developers.facebook.com/apps