Hi All,
I started using PhoneGap to develop some GPS based geocaching games.
It took a while to understand the interface well enough to link to my
own java routines on the android proper.  The javascript linkage was
obscure enough in own right but the deal breaker was that the GPS
routines were bizarrely inaccurate and I couldn't find a way to fix
the code.  I moved to basic4android because I wanted to use a script
like wrapper  and not fool around writing java routine (methods).  The
bonus was that it appears to be upward compatible (from Android G1 to
Droid x2 and some late model tablets. Android market seems to think my
code will run on 700-800 flavors of Android.
Best,