Dears,

I've looked around a bit on google, stack overflow and the android dev
site but can't find quite what I'm searching for...

The idea is to implement a lock for android that requires a code to
unlock your device.

So:

1) Normally the app doesn't do anything at all. (this is the easy
part ;-)
2) If necessary, when the phone/tablet goes to sleep some preparation
code gets executed (but I'm a bit in the dark on this one)
3) When the device is turned on again, there is an interface which
asks a pin code which needs to be correct to be able to use the phone/
tablet, it shouldn't be possible to use the phone/tablet unless the
pin code is correct.
(this to prevent unauthorized use of your tablet/phone, this way you
can safely store passwords and the such on sites and apps in your
phone/tablet without worrying that someone without the pin code can
read your mail)

Strictly speaking the app doesn't need to do anything unless the
tablet returns from sleep mode,
but I can't even find pointers to execute code just then (I'm also not
sure you can do this with the sdk).

I'm quite confident that when I know how to execute code at that
moment, I could figure out how to lock the device unless the pin code
is correct,
for the moment I'm not worried yet about that part of the application
(I'd come back to the list when I'd need pointers on that after
searching myself.)

How can I achieve this behavior?

Thanks for reactions,

and any pointers/comment is welcome...