2011/12/14 Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com>:
> So, will building the main Android application with ant, using the
> build script generated for it by "android...." -- build the Android
> libraries that the main project depends on? -- or do those Android
> libraries have to be built first with some higher level script?

Relationships between host project and Android library project are
held in the *.properties files (I forget which one off the top of my
head), not Ant's build.xml. Building the host project will build all
immediately-dependent Android library projects.

I have not tried building a host project that depended upon a library
project that itself depended upon another library project -- I have no
intention of even trying until r17 (or whenever Android library
projects publishing JARs for third-party reuse is formally supported).

> And if the answer is yes, does it really work, or does it "sort of
> work most of the time", like Android library projects in Eclipse?

I have never had it fail.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books