On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:39 AM, hhenne <hhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In java you don't have macros (#ifdef) = compiler instructions. In
> stead you have to make a plain java function, which will do the same -
> the only difference is, the macro will not generate a call instruction
> - so it's more efficient.
> Personally I use it a lot. It is nice, to be able to switch off
> technical or business features by just changing a flag from true to
> false. You can use it for having more versions for different
> environments, for searching for nasty bugs, or for handling different
> versions - alternative to branching.
>
> Hardy Henneberg
> http://www.maxikeys.com

Though there was a thread on this list a few months back that was a
fairly passionate argument as to whether or not Android should include
precompiler setups by default (the response was an overwhelming no,
with the implication that if you need it you could go find it yourself
and add it without too much trouble).

Kris