Hello,

how can I access the UI from a other thread?

My scenario:
in my activity I create and start a thread, which continously has to
do various tasks in the background. On some of this tasks it is
necessary to update the UI. To do this I am calling a method in my
Task. The problem no is, that this method is called in the context of
the thread and that I am not allowed to access the UI controls.
How can I now synchronize with the UI thread to be allowed to update
the UI controls?
In C# there are things like "Dispatcher.Invoke(action)", but how do I
do this with Java/Android?

Thanks for any help and hints!

Regards
Rainer