Last year I got an unlocked Nexus One as both my dev phone and usage
phone; it is now failing, and I also want to switch away from AT&T.
I'd like to go with Verizon and the recently released Galaxy Nexus,
but

1)  There seems to be no way to get an unlocked Galaxy Nexus for
Verizon (LTE/CDMA), apart from voiding the warranty and unlocking it
yourself; is this correct?

2)  Does anyone have experience using a (locked) Verizon Galaxy Nexus
as a dev phone?  I realize it only came out last week, but I'm betting
there's already some experience out here on it.  Can you just USB it
to your dev computer and load apps like the Nexus One, or is there
some kind of hassle?

I definitely want to verify this stuff before I switch carriers and
plunk down for a new contract!

Thanks,

Nick.