No, you can use GPS Provider. But if you can use  wireless network to be
your location provider, you need wifi. Moreover, if you have not any data
connection, you cannot geocode. Thus, you have Lat/Lon values, you don't
know the street and suburb name

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Kristopher Micinski <krismicin...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM, perumal316 <perumal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I like to clarify, is 3G connection needed to get the GPS location?
> > Also currently it is possible to geotag pictures taken through the
> > native camera under settings.
> >

> Nope.
>
> Read: I've done this on phones with dataplans.
>
> Kris

Regards,
Michael Leung
http://www.itblogs.info - My IT Blog