I think you are "a bit" confused about design concepts. My humble
suggestion to you is, your server should provide only the data. Your
app should be fully responsible for defining and implementing the UI
at the client side. What if you want to develop an app for iPhone/
iPad, Blackberry or Windows also (God forbid of course :-P )? Is your
server going to define UIs for these clients as well? I don't think
it's a good idea if you want to write native code.

Unless of course if you want to implement an HTML based application.

And what Kris wrote, makes absolute sense.

Ali Chousein
Weather-Buddy
http://weatherbuddy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/weather_buddy
Geo-Filtered Assistant