Hello,

I’m trying to see if the assistance data is injected into the GPS by
examining the logcat but I’m not able to know where the problem is. As
I can see in logcat messages, Android fist tries to connect with the
SUPL server but it fails, whereas the NTP time injection is well done.
Finally, a xtra data download request is done (my devices has a
Qualcomm chip) but there is no message to see whether it is well done
or not.

Logcat messages:

// SUPL A-GPS
D/GpsLocationProvider(   96): set_capabilities_callback: 7 D/
lib_locapi(   96): loc_eng_init called, client id = 0 D/
lib_locapi(   96): loc_eng_set_default_agps_server, type = 1, hostname
= supl.google.com, port = 7276 D/lib_locapi(   96):
loc_eng_process_deferred_action started D/lib_locapi(   96): Setting
GPS privacy lock to RPC_LOC_LOCK_NONE D/lib_locapi(   96):
loc_eng_set_gps_lock mode, client = 0, lock_type = 1
D/lib_locapi(   96): loc_eng_set_gps_lock mode failed

// NTP
D/GpsLocationProvider(   96): NTP server returned: 1306739478749 (Mon
May 30 09:11:18 GMT+02:00 2011) reference: 38652 certainty: 73 system
time offset: 12419 D/lib_locapi(   96): loc_eng_inject_time,
uncertainty = 73

// XTRA DATA Qualcomm
D/lib_locapi(   96): loc_event_cb: xtra download requst

Is there any way to get more information related with the GPS
behavior?

I have made another simple test with other device (same model but
early android version and different applications running) and I am
able to see more information related with the xtra data injection:

D 96/GpsLocationProvider: calling native_inject_xtra_data
D 96/GpsLocationProvider: Acquiring wakelock
D 96/libgps: qct_gps_inject_xtra_data length: 39635 parts: 100

I do not understand the reason why the logcat is different and has
more information, any idea?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you