Hi,

    I have a very unique problem which is sort of difficult to
describe. We have developed an application where we connect to a
server on the first screen with a button click (call it button1 which
can also cancel)  using an asyncTask as given in this url:

http://vikaskanani.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/android-proper-way-to-cancel-asynctask/

Upon connection to the server, the first screen transitions into the
second screen through an intent call where we have a listview for
which we have written clicklisteners.

What happens is:

1. when we click button1 after the Async call is completed for
cancelling, cancelling does not happens and the first screen
transitions into the next screen.
2. And worse thing that happens is the uncancelled button click event
of the first screen causes the listview clicklistener of the second
screen to fire.

Why does this happen? And can somebody give me any pointers to atleast
stop the listview clicklistener from firing?

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar