I just installed Eclipse Helios, the latest Android SDK, and AdMob.
I'm trying to incorporate AdMob into my app, and it seems to be
working fine when I export the apk to my OG Droid (or run a 2.2 AVD),
but the ad banner isn't showing up at all on either my tablet (3.1) or
my tablet AVD. I'm trying to get the banner to appear on my start-up
screen.

My manifest includes this:
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8"
android:targetSdkVersion="13"/>

I have this code in my startup screen java file:
        AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest();

adRequest.addTestDevice(AdRequest.TEST_EMULATOR);               //
Emulator

adRequest.addTestDevice("TEST_DEVICE_ID");                      //
Test Android Device

And this is in my startup screen xml:

        <com.google.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/adView"
                         android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                         android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                         ads:adUnitId="xxx" (omitted)
                         ads:adSize="BANNER"
                         ads:loadAdOnCreate="true"/>

Any thoughts? (And to go "live," do I just delete the two
addTestDevice lines?)

Thx.