Something seems to be wrong when touching a Java file and then doing
an incremental build with ant (i.e. without "ant clean").

My ant log is below.

Note how it says "Compiling 1 source file" - which is correct since a
Java file was changed - and then dex thinks there is "No new compiled
code" so the rest of the build process is skipped.

I verified that the compilation step produces an updated .class file
with a new timestamp.

Anyone else seeing this?

FWIW, I'm using Linux Mint (Debian), 64-bit, Android Tools 16,
Platform Tools 9 and 10 (tried both).

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/home/kman/Android/proj-new/kmanWifiManagerDriver/bin/classes

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:
      [dex] No new compiled code. No need to convert bytecode to dalvik format.

-crunch:
   [crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir:
/home/kman/Android/proj-new/kmanWifiManagerDriver/res
   [crunch] To destination dir:
/home/kman/Android/proj-new/kmanWifiManagerDriver/bin/res
   [crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache

-package-resources:
     [aapt] No changed resources or assets. kmanWifiManagerDriver.ap_
remains untouched

-package:
[apkbuilder] No changes. No need to create apk.