Some of my current apps in the market have android:minSdkVersion=3.
They work fine in ICS when I downloaded them from the market.

Today as I was updating a couple of them, and testing on a Galaxy
Nexus running 4.0.1, the UI showed up as miniaturized window in the
bottom left of the screen. I then changed the minSdkVersion=4 and the
UI is back to normal, occupying the full screen.

Why does a minsdk = 3 break the app in ICS whereas minsdk=4 is OK?