Hi, this is in reference to another post - I tried to put it in that
thread but it didn't seem to stick:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/6470376d0a2f39f9/b2f88a95364f235d?lnk=gst&q=exchange+server#b2f88a95364f235d

I need to do the same thing as progtad.  I understand the reasons why
this is difficult,
so Dianne, are you saying that the only way to do this is to use an
intent to set the
configuration of the email client (and live with the fact that there
may be a different
email client on some devices)?  Or does this go in through the
"addAccountOptions"
parameter of AccountManager.addAccount?

Also, String, I realize that Google plays things close to the chest,
but this is a big
issue for corporate accounts, where the buying cycles are measured in
years, but the
money is big and buyers are willing to make decisions based on future
plans.  Unfortunately,
this is already convenient on the iPhone so it's a bit of an issue for
the Android platform.
Is there any way to find out if there is a definite plan for this,
even if it is under NDA?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice,

Allan