I am having a difficult time figuring out which fragments in my
application should and should not be implementing
LoaderManager.LoaderCallbacks<Cursor>. Under what circumstances should
I have a fragment implement these callback methods, as opposed to, for
example, simply fetching data with a ContentProvider?

For example, say I wanted to write an app for Android Tablets that
consists of two Fragments: 1) a ListFragment that displays a list of
people (left side of screen), and 2) a Fragment that displays the
selected person's information (right side of screen). Assume that the
first ListFragment implements all of the callback methods correctly
and that all of the data is stored in the same database. Should the
second Fragment implement the callback methods as well, or is it
sufficient to perform a query within the ListFragment class and pass
it along to the second Fragment when a list item is selected? What's
the difference?