I have code that works without fail on all my LED flash enabled
devices (Droid, Nexus One, Galaxy Tab 10.1). But, on my Galaxy Nexus,
the app will launch, turn the LED flash on, then after ~1.5 seconds,
it turns the flash off. If I then turn it back on via a button, it
will stay on. If I delay the camera's flash for ~2 seconds from
launch, it will also stay on.

Basically, there's something that's taking a while to load, that
automatically turns the flash off, and I can't find it. I've put Log
statements all over the place, so I know it's not my code that's doing
it. I've implemented callbacks on the setPreview and SurfaceView, but
those aren't it either. I watch the Logs, but nothing comes up at the
moment something turns the LED flash off.

Anyone have any ideas what does it? Or, how to fix it more reliably
than a Handler?