On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 7:39 AM, dashman <erjdri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i've got the following in my manifest file
>
> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4"
>                  android:targetSdkVersion="11"
> />
>
> but i have to build with the api-11 sdk???

If you wish to refer to things that only exist with API Level 11+, yes.

> and if i did that - it'll still be compatible with api-4???

Done carefully, yes. The build target merely controls what you compile
against. You can have an API Level 4 build target and still have
something that will not run on API Level 4 (e.g., you access newer
stuff via reflection and screw it up), so it's not like the build
target is some magic elixir for compatibility.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in NYC: http://marakana.com/training/android/