Hi,

I'm trying out Android full disk encryption feature now but not sure
how to verify that the device is encrypted. What I've done is :

[Test 1]
1) Push test.txt to /mnt/sdcard
2) Do full disk encryption
3) Pull the test.txt to my local

[Test 2]
1) Embed test.txt into an apk as raw data
2) The apk will copy test.txt to its private folder programmatically
when it's launched.
3) The apk has a schedule job running at background to read test.txt
from its private folder then send it to a remote server where a
servlet sitting to receive the data.
4) Encrypt the device
5) Launch the apk, and immediately lock the screen, in case the data
is encrypted only when the screen is locked
6) Wait for schedule job to send test.txt to the server
7) Read whatever the servlet received.

However, in both cases, I was still able to see the plain text of
test.txt, why it's not encrypted? And how can I verify that the data
is protected?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!