I am trying to create a notification in a service to notify the user
that the application's data has updated in the background. I want the
application to resume when they click the notification. When I click
the notification I get this message in DDMS:

01-11 16:16:10.574: WARN/ActivityManager(56): startActivity called
from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for:
Intent { comp={com.example/com.example.view.ExampleActivity} }

This forces the activity to start even if it is already paused or
stopped, so it never resumes, it just creates a new instance of it,
overlapping everything, including service connections. If the
application is already running, another copy of it starts on top of
it. How do I make Android just resume the activity?

Thankful for any help!

Warm Regards,
Torgny