  From: Lucius Fox
  To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:11 AM
  Subject: [android-developers] Re: Recording Audio

  Thanks. how can I seutp the emulator to record audio?
  I am using Ubuntu as my development environment.  How can I setup the
emulator for that?

  Thank you.

  On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 2:23 PM, hmmm <akul...@mail.ru> wrote:

    To Record audio to a new file on sd card I did as follows and worked for me
    with emulator and mic. But don't know about buffers or sockets. And not sure
    if this is a good way but anyway works.
    To run emulator with sd card you do mksdcard 512M sdimg.iso then start
    emulator as 'emulator.exe -sdcard sdimg.iso'

    private void startRecord() {

    mRecorder = new MediaRecorder();

    mRecorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);

    mRecorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.DEFAULT);

    mRecorder.setAudioEncoder(MediaRecorder.AudioEncoder.DEFAULT);

    mRecorder.setOutputFile("/sdcard/test.3gpp");

    mRecorder.prepare();

    mRecorder.start();

    }

    then elsewhere mRecorder.stop();

    then to play

    mPlayer = MediaPlayer.create(context, Uri.parse(mFilePath));

    mPlayer.start();

    Also I have

    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO">
    </uses-permission>