On Jan 2, 10:47 pm, Michael Banzon <mich...@banzon.dk> wrote:
> What are you trying to "bake" into the APK? The only time I've seen
> this solution is on apps that integrated deeply with a single system
> on a closed network.

I'm creating a two party app that allows employers create and update
employee task lists via a website.   The website sends an installation
link to the employee via SMS and email.
After the employee downloads and installs the app apache validates the
employees phone number.   Upon phone number validation the customized
task list is sent back to the employees app.

I was going to do a direct .apk download from apache but will probably
have the app on the marketplace as to avoid the non-trusted
installation issue.