hi,

I am trying stream video from android to network and receiving it on a
server that I had written in java.

I am capturing YUV data on onPreviewFrame method on Camera convert
with yuv in jpeg and sending it to the server where I convert this
data to image and displaying it.

Everything works fine but the problem is that there is a lot much
delay and size of images in the streaming process as I am sending the
data directly. Is there some way of encoding this YUV data to h263 or
h264 format so that I can minimize the delay and the size of images?

Also MediaRecorder have ability to record the video in the available
standard video format but it stores the video to a file on sdcard. Is
there any way of getting a stream from that video which is being
recorded so that I can stream it to the network? This will reduce my
efforts in conversion process.

here is my code for conversion.

public void onPreviewFrame(byte[] data, Camera camera) {

                Camera.Parameters parameters = camera.getParameters();
                int format = parameters.getPreviewFormat();

                 //YUV formats require more conversion
                if (format == ImageFormat.NV21 /*|| format ==
ImageFormat.YUY2 || format == ImageFormat.NV16*/)
                {
                int w = parameters.getPreviewSize().width;
                int h = parameters.getPreviewSize().height;
                // Get the YuV image
                YuvImage yuv_image = new YuvImage(data, format, w, h,
null);
                // Convert YuV to Jpeg
                        Rect rect = new Rect(0, 0, w, h);
                        ByteArrayOutputStream output_stream = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
                        yuv_image.compressToJpeg(rect, 100, output_stream);
                        byte[] byt=output_stream.toByteArray();

and send these bytes to network. how to reduce the size of images in
KB and also delay?

Thanks