On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Yar Lag <ya...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My employer asked me to write an Android app for a demo device in our
> store front. He wants the app to do the following (essentially a video
> demo app):
>
> The app will show a video after it has been idle for a while.
> When a user touches the demo video, it stops and goes to home screen.
> Prevents a user from uninstalling this app.
> Hide the app from the applications list on the home screen.
> At each midnight resets the device to a default configuration (home
> screens, browser history and contacts information)
>
> Are these 5 things possible?

Right, in practice what usually happens is that it would be rare for
the user to uninstall this app, right?  I think that in general the
way around this is to simply hope for the best and reinstall if it
ever happens..

(Or the other answer: it's possible so you're going to have to just
deal with it?)

Right, unless you modify the firmware and include this as a default app..

kris