I'd like to embed a tutorial into my app that the user can step
through when the app is first started. Does anyone know how the Google
Currents app tutorial is implemented? It is extremely sleek and allows
users to step through at their own pace.

I found a similar question here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5510258/building-a-tutorial-giving-a-hint-for-my-android-app

But the answer that is given - showing toasts at startup - is pretty
much a non-solution. Yes, I can simply have a series of Activities
that represent the pages of the tutorial and have the user step
through, but again, I'm looking to know the specific way in which the
Google Currents app tutorial is written.

Thanks for your help and time.