I have an ASMX webservice setup on Microsoft Azure and I'm trying to
send data to the webservice and receive output using an android
application. For this purpose, I am using the KSOAP library.

On the webservice, I'm checking if the strings are null. If they are,
I return an error code "2405"

[WebMethod]
        public string LoginUser(string auth_token, string username)
        {
            // All these tests performed, so someone from outside of
out application
            // scope does not attempt to abuse our webservice.
            #region Check for nulls
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(auth_token))
                return "2405";
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(username))
                return "2405";
            #endregion
        }
In my android application, I am sending the data, but the webservice
still returns the 2405 error code, which means that the data is not
sent.

The following is my android code:

        SoapObject request = new SoapObject(NAMESPACE, method_name);

       request.addProperty("auth_token","TestAuth");
       request.addProperty("username","TestUser");

        SoapSerializationEnvelope envelope = new
SoapSerializationEnvelope(
                SoapEnvelope.VER11);
        envelope.dotNet = true;

        envelope.setOutputSoapObject(request);
        HttpTransportSE androidHttpTransport = new
HttpTransportSE(URL);
        androidHttpTransport.call(SOAP_ACTION, envelope);
Sorry that I can provide you with the namespace, methodname, url, etc.
It is against the company policy and I hope you understand. :)

Nevertheless, I'll go over the error again. After calling the above
Android code, the webservice returns 2405, which according to the ASMX
code is when any of the twos values are null.

I debugged the SOAP request (androidHttpTransport.debug = true) and
got the following results for the requestDump and responseDump.

REQUEST DUMP

<v:Envelope xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
            xmlns:d="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
            xmlns:c="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
            xmlns:v="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
  <v:Header />
  <v:Body>
    <LoginUser xmlns="http://tempuri.org"; id="o0" c:root="1">
      <auth_token i:type="d:string">TestAuth</auth_token>
      <username i:type="d:string">TestUser</username>
    </LoginUser>
  </v:Body>
</v:Envelope>

RESPONSE DUMP: