Hi all,

I am doing some background research for an Android project and was
wondering if there are any good journals or books which look at user
interface design. I remember taking a more general UI class which
taught us about the Gestalt principles etc but I'm looking for any
research done on small touch screen devices.

I'd be interested in any more general texts that you have found useful
also. User interface design isn't my forte and it'd be great to follow
a set of guidelines to try and abide by.

I appreciate that using Widgets should take care of a lot of the UI
design for me but this is a university project and I need to do some
background research none the less.

Many thanks in advance!

Gav