I have a TableLayout in xml which I want to respond to different
screen sizes and real time changes in the view.

Ive extended tablelayout onMeasure to get the container width. I make
a calculation to get the cell size.  In the cells (LinearLayout)
onMeasure, I set the new width with setMeasuredDimension.

It seems to work.

In the Hierarchy Viewer tool I can see the mLeft mTop properties look
right but, the layout_height and width have not been updated. They
have the old values from the xml.

Is this going to be a problem?