On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Chris <chris.fou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having issues support the Galaxy Note
>
> My app runs on Android 2.1+ , so I can't use the DPI based screen
> differentiation , and the Galaxy note is 2.3.5 I believe.
>
> My app has a normal display size which works great for small/normal ,
> I also have a large display layout that has been working great for
> 7-10inch tablets like Xoom and Amazon Kindle Fire.
>
> However this Galaxy Note has thrown a spanner in the mix.
>
> It is displaying itself as a Large , but my display does not fit on
> the screen.
> The normal layout looks fine on it.
>
> Any ideas how I can make that device use the normal display ?

You can't. You need to create a -large set of resources that work well
on the Galaxy Note and Kindle Fire. The XOOM can use -xlarge
resources, if the revised -large ones do not work well on a 10"
screen.

> at the
> moment I am tempted to just exclude it from compatible devices - but
> if there is an elegant workaround it would be better !

Bear in mind that your issue is not strictly one tied to the Galaxy
Note. I would expect you to encounter similar problems on
similarly-sized devices.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 4.0 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books