I am making an application for users to take notes about other teams
they are competing against at robotics competitions, which will be
collaborative will all member of the same team across devices, so all
information will be stored in an SQL database on my webhost.
My first question is what would be the best way to give my application
access to the database? Is there some kind of SQL library that i could
just use insted of sending HTTP requests parsed by PHP files?
And Secondly, what would be the best way to store in information? All
members info in a single table, the query will just sort by id or the
author? Or have each member assigned to a different table of their
own?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
~Matt