Hey guys,

I have a layout that Uses a tabhost which is viewed inside of a
dialog. I do this because it makes for a very quick menu box to pop
up. So far on all the phones Ive tested it on it works fine. However I
have a samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet running 3.2 and when I hit my button
to pull up the dialog menu with the tabhost layout the tabs are all
empty. Ive tried multiple work arounds to no avail. Like I said my
layout works as expected on all other devices Ive tried it on
including a visio tablet that runs 2.3 and the tabhost always works. I
suppose I could check for the specific case of the app being on this
specific device and if so implement a different layout. My reason for
saying that is because I went to using a tabhost the other layout I
had inside my dialog came up fine and infact it still does. I just
like the tabhost much better it makes for easier navigation by the
user.

So.....has anyone had such issues with a tabhost on the samsung galaxy
10.1 tab?

If it helps heres my code which youll see is nothing to complicated.

from my java class

         dialog.setContentView(R.layout.maintabmenu);

                                final TabHost tabs = (TabHost)
dialog.findViewById(R.id.my_tabhost);
                                 tabs.setup();
                                 tabs.setCurrentTab(0);

                                 TabSpec tspec11 = tabs.newTabSpec("New Tab");
                                 tspec11.setIndicator("User");

                                 tspec11.setContent(R.id.ScrollView01);
                                 tabs.addTab(tspec11);

                                 TabSpec tspec2 = tabs.newTabSpec("New Tab");
                                 tspec2.setIndicator("Settings");

                                 tspec2.setContent(R.id.ScrollView02);
                                 tabs.addTab(tspec2);

                                 TabSpec tspec3 = tabs.newTabSpec("New Tab");
                                 tspec3.setIndicator("My options");
                                 tspec3.setContent(R.id.ScrollView03);
                                 tabs.addTab(tspec3);

and from my xml layout.

                   <TabHost xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/
apk/res/android"
    android:id="@+id/my_tabhost"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent" >

<LinearLayout
        android:orientation="vertical"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="match_parent"
        android:padding="5dp">
        <TabWidget
            android:id="@android:id/tabs"
            android:layout_width="match_parent"
            android:layout_height="match_parent"/>
       <FrameLayout
            android:id="@android:id/tabcontent"

                       <ScrollView android:id="@+id/ScrollView01"
                              android:layout_width="match_parent"
                  android:layout_height="match_parent">

                              <RelativeLayout
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:background="@drawable/bggreydotted"
    android:orientation="vertical" >

    <TextView
        android:id="@+id/usersname"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
        android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"
        android:text="User Info" />

    <ImageView
        android:id="@+id/profileimage2"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"
        android:layout_centerInParent="true"
        android:layout_centerVertical="true"
        android:src="@drawable/favicon_yellow_g_metal_bg2" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/drawMark"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/createMarks"
        android:background="@null"

        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttondrawmark" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/zmLevel"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
       android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
       android:layout_below="@+id/search"
        android:background="@null"

        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonzoomlevel" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/license"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/mypreferences"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonlicense" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/mapView"
        android:layout_below="@+id/zmLevel"
        android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmapview" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/mypreferences"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/drawMark"
        android:background="@null"

        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonuserpreference" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/search"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/marksNearMe"
        android:background="@null"

        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmarksearch" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/createMarks"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:background="@null"
         android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonuploadphoto" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/marksNearMe"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:background="@null"
         android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
         android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmarksnearme" />

</RelativeLayout>

                        </ScrollView>

                        <ScrollView android:id="@+id/ScrollView02"
                               android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent">

                               <TextView
                                       android:id="@+id/TextView02"
                                       android:text="wizard"
                                       android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                                       android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                                       android:gravity="center_horizontal"
                                       android:paddingLeft="15dip"
                                       android:paddingTop="15dip"
                                       android:paddingRight="20dip"
                                       android:paddingBottom="15dip"/>

                        </ScrollView>

                        <ScrollView android:id="@+id/ScrollView03"

        android:id="@+id/userinfo"

        android:id="@+id/sky"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/mymarks"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonsky" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/myclicks"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
        android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmyclicks" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/mygallery"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
                android:layout_below="@+id/myclicks"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmygallery" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/mymarks"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/mygallery"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonmymarks" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/help"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/createuser"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonhelp" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/createuser"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/logout"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttoncreateuser" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/login"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentTop="true"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonlogin3" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/logout"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_below="@+id/login"
        android:background="@null"
        android:src="@drawable/graffitbuttonlogout" />

    </RelativeLayout>

                        </ScrollView>

            </FrameLayout>
        </LinearLayout>

    </TabHost>

LIke I said this works fine on the 10 other devices including one
other tablet. This problem only occurs when using this on the galaxy
tab 10.1 from samsung