Yes, all of the components of your app share data in the same place of the
filesystem, regardless of the process they run in, so any changes you make
there will be seen by all of them.  Of course you have to be careful if you
have multiple processes modifying the same file that they don't step on each
other.  SQLite takes cares of this for you.

See, however, my previous e-mail; from your description this doesn't sound
like a case where having a service in a separate process is necessarily a
good idea.

And yes, using bindService() (with the appropriate flag passed in) will have
the service running as long as that client is bound to it.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.