> I scrolled my screen so I can see the left side of the screen, played
> with the device a bit (say 10 mins) and wanted to go back to the
> central view - I couldn't scroll - not 1 inch, not 1 mm, neither to
> the left, nor to the right.
> Luckily, after I restarted the phone I am now able to scroll as usual.
>
> Anybody experienced that ever?

Yes. Using a G1, there have also been times the scroll-wheel stopped
working going left-right (and vise versa).  I called T-Mobile and they
said that shutting the phone down once a day maintains best
performance and not doing so can cause problems such as we have
experienced.  They mentioned that the phone has no fan so it can get
heated up and hardware can malfunction if not reset.  Not sure if
thats the real cause, but thats the response from T-Mo.